A game engine is like a car engine; as a game developer all you need to do is make the effort to make your game look amazing and attractive, while the basic game engine will take care of everything else. In past years, a game developer had to build the game from scratch, which would make the cost of building a game skyrocket.
Craftjs is another excellent game engine that provide the interface to develop amazing games and features cross browser compatibility.
This playcraft engine provides a toolset for developers that helps create any kind of game. This toolset gives you everything that you need to develop unique games. You can also convert games to many platforms, including Facebook, plain old websites, and native Android or iOS applications.
Game Engine Highlights -
– Sprite() – Onscreen, movable, scalable objects
– Game states – Separate sections of your game for better organized code
– SpriteSheet() and Animation() – Load spritesheets and animate frames
– Assets – Jaws will preload all your images before the game starts
– Documented code and explained examples
• Objected Oriented: all items displayed are objects
• Multiplatform: runs in iOS, Android, Mac, Windows browsers
• Windows 8: supports development for Windows 8 interactive HTML5
• Event-driven: based on asynchronous processing via event listeners
• Animation Engine: allows the use of standard animation, such as tweens
• Hybrid Drawing: supports drawing with both the Canvas API and the DOM
• WebGL Support: supports 3D games using WebGL with a plugin
• Content Library: includes a royalty-free image library for use in your games
Traffic cone is 2D and 2.5D tile based game engine; its client side is written in HTML5.
• Easily configurable sprite animations
• Simple to set up tile based worlds
• Mock-3D math for layering, depth, and positioning is handled for you via Traffic Cone’s world models.
• Basic Isometric pathfinding, AI and collision detection
• Custom draw routines on sprites supported
• Granular control of sprite sequencing supported for more dramatic animations
• Intelligent draw logic only draws modified parts of your canvas for better frame rates.
FlashJS is one of the great graphics and game development engine API. This library allows you to develop HTML5 games and applications in the way that is similar to ordinary AS3 development. Supports browsers like Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, and Firefox.
MelonJs is a fresh and lightweight free library to help develop 2D based games. It has multiple features and is compatible with every browser ( Chrome, Safari, Firefox, Opera, IE). It also includes multiple audio channel support, tween effects, transition effects, and more.
Turbulenz is open source HTML5 game engine for developing games with HTML5 SDK that contains everything developers need to quickly get their project started, polished, and deployed.
CanvasEngine gives you all the means to easily create a game in HTML5 Canvas. A simple API with a structure through the games.
This is HTML5 game engine.